Thredbo and surrounds
Season preview - https://www.facebook.com/Thredbo.Resort/videos/10153033833081582/
Thredbo’s NEW All-Mountain Trail - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_oQQuS10EI&feature=youtu.be - opened mid Nov 2015
Flow Motion Cup course preview - https://www.facebook.com/Thredbo.Resort/videos/10153060969306582/
Took the new girl (2013 Norco Revolver 29'er) out for her first session last night. There is a well made 10km loop less than 5km's from my house which is a perfect spot for some night time laps (spiders and toads not so fun).
I swapped an old roadie for this XC rig (and put in a few $). Well worth it! I was absolutely loving how this bike kept the flow and momentum on the trails. I got my MTBK stoke back!
Rough plans for a trip to Tasmania
- Focus will be on the trails around Launceston - Derby and Hollybank, as I found these superior to the ones near Hobart.
- Dates: approx last week of March 2016 to include Easter break; Wed to Wed.
- Fly into Launceston, fly out of Hobart.
- Day one: Hollybank
- Days two to four: Derby and Blue Tiers
- Day five: travel to Hobart
- Day six: Hobart
- Transport: either motorhome(s) or people mover van.
The boys at Flow just saved me a lot of work
Dambusters was a highlight for me, but sounds like the new trails that have opened since my September visit are even better!
There is talk of a trip there around March 2016 - Easter maybe... register your interest.